As an affiliate, I may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page.
Do you finally think you’ve reached the status of elite gamer and you want to get yourself a fancy new gaming chair? Are you ready to upgrade from your boring, flimsy office chair to something that will elevate your gaming experience a whole new level?
Gaming chairs are all the rage for hardcore gamers these days, but it isn’t so easy as just finding any old chair and giving it extreme colors or extra padding. Every gaming chair is different, and there is much craftsmanship that goes into creating the perfect seating situation.
Some cheaper chairs may look impressive at first – in fact, they might be impossibly comfortable when you first sit in them – but they are likely to fall apart and end up being a disappointment.
When it comes to buying a new gaming chair, you want to be sure to do your research. After all, you need to be as comfortable as possible when mowing down your opponents or creating your character in your next RPG adventure.
One chair that works for your best friend 2000 miles away may not work for you personally. So, investigate each chair thoroughly and choose one that works best for your body type.
Still, there are many debates about which chair is the best for gaming. Three of the most popular brands are Maxnomic, DXRacer, and Secretlab. Professional and amateur gamers alike have their preferences, with all of these brands sponsoring certain players and having loyal customer followings.
Although there are other chairs on the market, these are probably the three most important players in the industry right now, and all of them are considered to be high-quality items.
The question is, which one is the true winner? Although it may come down to preference, there are some tests and objective analyses we can do to find out which one of these is the one that gamers should gravitate towards.
If you’re in the market for a gaming chair, then this is the perfect guide for you. We will look at the three previously mentioned brands and break down all of their pros and cons so that you can make the decision that is right for you.
Whether you need the most high-tech, state-of-the-art chair, or if you’re just looking for something that will improve your gaming experience, we’re here to help you.
The Best of Each Brand
Secretlab is a gaming chair brand based in Singapore. There are many gamers in the small country, and the nation is very tech-savvy, so it is not surprising that a successful gaming chair company exists there. Read this article of mine if you want to know where to buy Secretlab chairs.
While Secretlab is a relatively new entrant to the gaming chair industry, they have quickly risen to prominence with many favorable reviews and steadily increasing sales. This is promising for anybody who wants to give a new company chance and who may be looking to save a little bit of money.
Although Secretlab has some high-priced chairs, they also have a budget friendly line that can be useful for new gamers who aren’t quite ready to drop a ton of money on a chair. These low-cost options aren’t necessarily low quality, however.
Secretlab knows how to give you a bang for your buck, and many of their cheaper lines offer more features than the lower end lines of their competitors.
Secretlab’s line of chairs consists of four different series – the Throne, the Omega, the Titan, and the Napa. Each of them has their pros and cons, which we will address later in the article. But ultimately, their differences have to do with overall size of the chairs and the features that are available to the user.
Secretlab chairs have all been certified by multiple authorities for safety and durability, so they can certainly be trusted. They pride themselves on their ability to withstand rigorous testing and to go toe to toe with the other major players in the gaming chair realm.
Based in Columbus, Ohio, Maxnomic is an established name in the gaming chair industry, and there’s good reason for it. They provide comfortable, durable, and long-lasting chairs at very reasonable prices. In fact, they have the cheapest of the top-line chairs when compared to Secretlab and DXRacer.
Maxnomic offers four different series of chairs, with each one geared towards gamers of a different size and style. Within the series, they are known for being very customizable and providing a variety of options. This can be very useful for picky gamers who just need everything to be perfect (sound familiar?)
Maxnomic has a partnership with Ohio State University, which may lend them favor to students and alumni of the popular college. They are also sold at Microsoft stores across the United States, giving them a bit of a leg up in exposure versus their competitors. Because of this partnership, they have also been able to be sponsored by Xbox, which is also a major advantage for them.
With a variety of other gaming-related and technological sponsors, Maxnomic is doing a lot to position themselves to become one of the most important brands of gaming chairs available. They are passionate about building comfortable, fun, stylish gaming chairs, and they employ an innovative team that should keep them ahead of the curve in every way.
DXRacer may be the biggest name in the gaming chair world, which is no surprise to anyone that’s been paying attention. They’ve been known as pioneers who have changed the gaming world just because of how comfortable, reliable, and effective their chairs really are.
Many professional gamers will tell you that DXRacer is the premier brand in the industry today, and that all others should aspire to be them. In my experience, I have found DXRacer chairs to be very ergonomic. You can read about it here.
The American company is known for producing chairs that look shockingly similar to the seats in professional racecars. That’s because they design their chairs that way, down to the way they feel and the structures that they use behind the scenes. As far as gaming chairs are concerned, these are beautiful specimens and deserve all the respect that they get.
DXRacer has a 6 different series in their gaming line, with their largest gaming chair able to accommodate up to 450 pounds. These are serious, heavy duty chairs that are made to last.
The founders of DXRacer pride themselves on sourcing the finest materials for their chairs and making enhancing the gaming experience tenfold. With so many series of chairs, these are truly customizable gaming devices that can be tailored to work for almost any size and body type of gamer.
Each brand has some basic specifications and limitations, so we will go over those here.
Secretlab has a line of 4 different chairs – the Throne, the Omega, the Titan, and the Napa (which is an extension of the Titan line). Secretlab has the widest range of pricing for its chairs, with the cheapest coming in at $299 and the most expensive reaching $999.
Let’s break down the prices and recommended size limitations of each chair. Although the chairs are built for more weight than the ones listed below, the company itself recommends staying within these parameters.
- Secretlab THRONE – This is recommended for gamers between 4’9” tall and up to 220 pounds in weight. This one has 4 different color combinations that you can choose from.
- Secretlab OMEGA – The OMEGA is the medium chair, able to accommodate people from 5’3”-5’11” and weighing up to 240 pounds. With 24 different color and pattern combinations, the OMEGA is the most customizable of the brand’s chairs.
- Secretlab TITAN – This is the largest of the Secretlab chairs, recommended for people between 5’9” and 6’7”. The weight limit on the TITAN is 290 pounds, so it has significantly more bulk than the other two. The TITAN has 22 different colors to choose from.
Maxnomic has four lines of chairs – Casual Sport, Pro-gaming & Office, Office Comfort, and XL-Series. Each line is slightly different than the next with all of them having specific features and limits. Maxnomic has the smallest range of price in their chairs, starting at $359 and only going up to $599.
- Maxnomic Casual Sport – This is the smallest of the Maxnomic offerings, with a standard base and support for people from 5’0” to 5’9”. The maximum weight for this is 176 pounds. Within the Casual Sport line, there are 11 different styles to choose from.
- Maxnomic Pro-Gaming & Office – This is slightly larger, with support for up to 220 pounds and recommended for people who are 5’10” to 6’1”. The Pro-Gaming & Office line offers 13 different styles of chair.
- Maxnomic Office Comfort – This is built for some of the bulkier gamers out there, able to handle up to 285 lbs and recommended for people from 6’2” to 6’5”. The Office Comfort line gives you 11 different types of chair to pick.
- Maxnomic XL-Series – This is for the heaviest of gamers out there and will work for most heights. It can hold up to a whopping 375 pounds and can accommodate people from 5 feet to 7 feet tall thanks to its extra-large base. There are four different colors to choose from.
DXRacer has by far the most comprehensive catalog of chairs, with 6 different series, ensuring that they have a product for people of every shape and size. DXRacer gaming series chairs range in price from $289 to $599.
- DXRacer Formula Series – The Formula Series can accommodate gamers up to 5’8” and up to 200 pounds, making it the smallest of DXRacer’s gaming line. There are 6 specific models within the DXRacer Formula Series.
- DXRacer Racing Series – There are seven different models within the Racing series, with the largest being able to hold up to 250 pounds. It is recommended for people up to 6 feet tall. Each one of the Racing Series chairs has multiple color options.
- DXRacer Valkyrie Series– The Valkyrie Series has just one model, but it can be customized with up to 4 different colors. It holds up to 225 pounds and will work for anybody that is 6 feet tall or shorter.
- DXRacer King Series – Like the Valkyrie Series, there is only one model within the King Series, but it comes in 4 different colors. This is slightly larger than the Valkyrie, being able to hold 275 pounds and made for slightly taller gamers – up to 6’3”.
- DXRacer Sentinel Series – The Sentinel series can hold up to 350 pounds and has a height limit of 6’6”. It comes in multiple colors but only has one model.
- DXRacer Tank Series – As is implied by its name, the Tank Series is the bulkiest of all DXRacer offerings. With two models to choose from, this holds up to 400 pounds and is recommended for players up to 6’6” tall. There are four colors to choose from within the Tank Series.
Also read: How to spot a fake DXRacer
Pros and Cons of Each Brand
Each brand has some advantage and disadvantages. Knowing these and considering your priorities for a chair will help you to decide which one is right for you.
Secretlab Pros and Cons
• Custom Upholstery – One great thing about Secretlab is that it lets you choose what type of upholstery you have for your chair. You can pick from Prime PU Leather, Softweave Fabric, and NAPA Leather.
• Feature-Heavy – Even at the lower end of the price spectrum, Secretlab chairs offer many premium features like 4d armrests and customized graphics
• Durable – Secretlab chairs have a strong build and should last for years
• Highly Adjustable – Secretlab chairs allow you many options for comfort, with great reclining ability and adjustable parts.
• Can get expensive – although there are many great values in Secretlab’s arsenal, the most premium chairs have the highest price tags of any on the market.
• Lowest weight capacity – The largest offering from Secretlab can accommodate up to 290 pounds – by far the lowest capacity of any of the brands mentioned.
• Few color options – Secretlab chairs come in the fewest number of colors
Maxnomic Pros and Cons
• Most customizable – Maxnomic offers the highest number of colors and designs throughout all of their series of chairs.
• Good value – Maxnomic chairs are generally lower in price than their competitors
• Two Year Warranty – You’re covered for two years if anything happens to your chair
• Adjustable Lumbar Support
• Feature-light – Maxnomic chairs offer the fewest extra features when compared to the other two brands. This is especially true at the lower price levels
• Difficult to Assemble
• Plastic Armrests – the 4d armrests are plastic, and will become uncomfortable after long periods of time
DXRacer Pros and Cons
• Well-established – DXRacer has been around longer than either other brand and has the longest track record of success
• Variety – with 6 different gaming chair lines, there is a chair for everyone in DXRacer’s catalog
• Comfort – DXRacer is known as one of the most comfortable chairs not only in gaming, but in general for any purpose.
• Price – Once you start adding premium features, you’ll see the price tag go up significantly
• Bulky – These chairs can take up quite a bit of space and might not be right for people with smaller homes
So, which brand offers the best gaming chair experience? It’s a tough decision, because all of the brands have advantages and disadvantages, and you could probably justify buying any of them based on your preferences. No matter who you go with, you will be getting a high-quality, durable, extremely comfortable chair that should last you for a long time.
However, we find that Secretlab chairs provide the best bang for your buck, even at the higher price levels. You don’t have to upgrade everything to the premium level to get the full experience of the chair, and the features that are included in their low-price offerings are generally more thorough than those of Maxnomic or DXRacer.
There are several things to consider, however. Secretlab will not work for you if you are a larger gamer as their largest chair can accommodate only up to 290 pounds. If you are a heavier person, you’ll want to look at the larger Maxnomic and DXRacer options.
For the average-sized gamer, however, Secretlab is the way to go.